We all know that zinc is an important micronutrient, but when it comes to supporting the immune system, the first nutrient we usually think of is vitamin C. This vitamin is a natural protector against colds, viral infections and other illnesses. But did you know that zinc also plays a key role in maintaining a healthy immune system? Not only that, this trace element takes care of the optimal functioning of the digestive tract and supports many other aspects of the body’s health.
When combined with probiotics, which are the “good” bacteria that inhabit the gut microbiome, zinc reveals its even more significant role in maintaining body health and fighting pathogens. Probiotics and zinc work synergistically, supporting the immune system and facilitating the body in balancing the microbial flora. This union of benefits can help prevent disease and strengthen overall health. So, in addition to maintaining an adequate level of zinc in your body, combining it with probiotics may be the key to good health and immune protection.
Are you getting enough zinc in your diet?
Are you asking yourself if you are getting enough zinc through your diet? Zinc is essential for our health, but too often goes underappreciated. It is the second most abundant mineral in the human body, after iron, and is an active participant in hundreds of physiological processes that occur in the body every day.
Zinc plays a key role in enzymatic functions and contributes to the normal functioning of our cells as it is involved in a number of biochemical reactions, including the metabolism of macro- and trace elements. It also supports the immune system to fight infection and inflammation and contributes to the health of our skin, tissues and many other aspects of our general physical and mental well-being.
It’s important to pay attention to your diet and make sure you’re getting enough zinc to support these key biological processes. Learn more about zinc-rich foods and how you can integrate this important mineral into your diet to maintain optimal health.
Which foods provide you with enough zinc?
Zinc is essential for our health and we can get it by eating a variety of foods. Here are some of the zinc-rich foods we can include in our eating habits:
- Red meat: Such as beef and liver.
- Poultry: Like chicken and turkey.
- Dairy: Milk, cheese and yogurt.
- Eggs: Eggs are also a source of zinc.
- Various grains: Including quinoa, chickpeas and lentils.
- Seeds: Hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc.
- Nuts: Cashews and almonds also contain high amounts of zinc.
- Fortified foods: Some foods, such as bread and cereals, can be fortified with zinc.
If you want to support your immune system, including these foods in your diet can help you get the amount of zinc you need. For some people, especially those who follow restrictive diets such as veganism or vegetarianism, or have trouble meeting zinc needs for a variety of reasons, zinc supplements may be a reasonable choice. It is also important to consult a specialist if you have difficulty absorbing minerals or are pregnant.
How zinc and probiotics support immune health
Probiotics are live microorganisms that play an important role in nutrient absorption and maintaining overall gut health. When zinc and probiotics are taken in combination, they provide powerful support for the immune system and healthy digestion.
The combination of zinc + probiotics provides benefits including:
- Supporting a healthy immune defense and boosting its protective functions.
- Supports normal microflora in the gut and overall supports the health and integrity of the gastrointestinal mucosa.
- Support for the respiratory system.
- Promote normal digestion, including relief of problems such as constipation and gas.
If your diet lacks foods rich in zinc, then taking dietary supplements can be a good way to ensure that you maintain normal levels of this important mineral in your body. We recommend choosing high-quality probiotics and zinc supplements.
The Frank Fruities Build Immunity zinc-infused gummy vitamins are a wonderful way to support your immune system. Gummy vitamins can be especially appealing to people who have difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. Furthermore, the delicious gummy forms are a great way to incorporate vitamins as a pleasant and beneficial part of your diet.
Frank Fruities Build Immunity contains elderberry, which reduces oxidative stress, combats inflammatory processes, and improves the symptoms of viral diseases. Frank Fruities is a Swiss company specializing in functional foods and supplements. They offer high-quality supplements with natural fruit flavors that enhance supplement intake and support overall health.
Other health benefits of zinc supplementation
In addition to building your immune defense and maintaining healthy digestion, zinc positively influences the function of many other systems in the body.
- It aids in collagen synthesis, a structural protein that contributes to the formation of connective tissue and cartilage in the body.
- Facilitates the release of stored vitamin A in the blood by the liver.
- Supports normal DNA synthesis and cellular division.
- Maintains normal inflammatory responses and the development of immune cells.
- Exhibits antioxidant effects and combats oxidative stress.
- Supports fertility, normal growth, and development during pregnancy.
To maximize the benefits of zinc + probiotic supplements, focus on a healthy diet that includes a variety of foods. Zinc works in combination with other minerals in the body, so it will have the most powerful effect if your diet includes a range of nutrient-rich foods like fresh vegetables, nuts, seeds, meat, and healthy fats. Fermented foods high in fiber can also contribute to maintaining good digestion and the protective capabilities of the immune system.Gastrointestinal diseases